Setting tariff methodology has many objectives of which:
- Allow Third Party Access (TPA) to the transmission Network.
- Ensure recovery of Network CAPEX and OPEX.
- Provide sufficient investment for Network extension/upgrading.
- Set principles of non-discrimination, transparency, simplicity and efficiency among Network users.
Transitional Period Tariff structure
- The postage stamp tariff structure is used where it foresees that the same tariff would apply to the whole country. This structure is considered friendly towards the opening markets, as it is the simplest solution to calculate and easily understood by stakeholders.
The GasReg board has approved a transportation tariff of 38.6 cent per MMBtu for using the national gas grid.